4 Top AutoImmune Triggers that May Be Impacting Your Hashimoto's
June 06, 2023
Dr. Joni Labbe, DC, CCN, DCCN
In this episode Dr. Labbe discusses:
- Autoimmune diseases often have invisible symptoms and can fluctuate over time.
- Common autoimmune diseases include Lupus, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, fibromyalgia, and Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
- Autoimmunity occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks the body's own tissues.
- The immune system misbehaves, attacking healthy tissues instead of external threats.
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis is an example of an autoimmune disease.
Causes of Autoimmunity:
- Autoimmune diseases can be caused by a combination of genetic predisposition, environmental factors, and epigenetics.
- Predisposition refers to certain characteristics that make individuals more susceptible to developing an autoimmune disease.
- Genetic factors like HLA, p53, and IL10 genes have been associated with Hashimoto's and other autoimmune diseases.
- Environmental triggers, such as intestinal permeability (leaky gut), infections like Epstein Barr virus, and chronic infections like Lyme disease, can contribute to autoimmunity.
- Exposure to pollutants, toxins, chemicals, heavy metals, and mold can also act as triggers.
- Physical or psychological trauma and chronic stress can impact the immune system and trigger autoimmune irregularities.
- Epigenetics, the study of biological processes that switch genes on and off, can play a role in the development of autoimmune diseases.
The Importance of Identifying Triggers and Predispositions:
- Understanding triggers and predispositions is crucial in managing autoimmune diseases.
- Functional blood tests and specialized labs like Cyrex Labs can help identify infections, hormonal imbalances, allergies, immune cell counts, and food intolerances.
- Identifying triggers and predispositions can provide insights into the causes of autoimmune diseases and guide personalized treatment approaches.
- Recognizing and addressing triggers can help reduce symptoms and improve overall health.
- Autoimmune diseases require a comprehensive understanding of triggers, predispositions, and lifestyle factors.
- Identifying and addressing triggers is essential for effectively managing Hashimoto's and other autoimmune conditions.
- Functional testing and consultations with healthcare professionals can provide valuable insights and guidance in addressing autoimmune triggers and improving overall well-being.
FEELING LOUSY IS NOT "JUST PART OF GETTING OLDER." IT'S ALL INCLUDED IN THIS PRESENTATION: 8 MASSIVE HYPOTHYROID MYTHS EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.
Sign up for this free presentation to learn why your thyroid + hormones are making you feel like you're falling apart...and what you can do to start feeling better right now! https://vips.thyrosisters.com/webinar-optin-a
Want to work with Dr. Labbe to unravel your thyroid mystery and get you back to feeling and functioning great again?
Book A FREE Clarity Call: https://vips.thyrosisters.com/book-call-a
Follow Us On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thyrosisters/